Sunday, February 18, 2018

February 18, 2018

 

"When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind" Mark 3:21

One thing that I am always grateful for, is that our Lord experienced all range of human emotions. He was called crazy by his family! There is nothing that I could experience that he didn't experience it himself. He understands!

How sad that statement is: "He is out of his mind". At the same time, that could be an invitation to take an inventory of my own tolerance and openness to "crazy", to things that are a little out of the box, or different. I am the Lord's family now. "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthians 6:18. Do I sometimes call the Lord, out of his mind? I would never dare to. The voice of God sounds so amazing:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12.

"Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy."1 Corinthians 14:1

"Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Mathew 28:19.

Indeed, all that sounds amazing, but do I really believe it, do I allow Jesus' voice to touch the core of my being? If I'm honest, many times I insert a "BUT" after each one of the Lord's statements.   Sort of, Lord, that sounds amazing BUT…I am a woman living in Fairfield county, an immigrant, a busy person, we live in different times now. In other words, that sounds amazing, BUT I don't think that could ever be me. How could I possibly get to a point where I would: "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons". Matthew 10:8. It's another way to say, I'm sorry, that's just too much, too crazy!

One of my goals, going forward, is to open my heart, my core being to that possibility of crazy. I think we are all called to decide, to be willing to be stretched, just so that the "craziness" of the Kingdom will fit in. We can either believe, totally and truly the Lord, "crazy" included, or be divided and consider the soft whisper from the other side: "Did God really say…" Genesis 3:1 or "If you are the son of God…" Mathew 4:6. The devil constantly tries to undermine God's word and to make us question our identity, in order to create division within ourselves. He knows that: "If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand" Mark 3:25

Lord we are always going to be imperfect but help us to open ourselves totally and completely to You, to Your Word, to Your promises. Help us to be crazy with You!

No comments:

Post a Comment