Monday, February 12, 2018

bible blog Monday Feb. 12th

A Prayer For Radiance In Time Spent With The Lord  (Ex 34:29-32)
 
 
Lord I want to have a relationship with you that is evident in every area of my life.  Not just a relationship for me to bask in and delight in.  Not just one that is for my blessing and benefit.  Lord I want to be like Moses, I want to spend time with you, not time spent out of obligation or to check off my to do list, but time that I am eager to spend with you, that I delight in and long for.  I want to spend time not just telling you my issues or needs but time spent marveling in who you are, in your power, in your glory, in your presence.  I want to walk away from my time spent with you changed, charged, inspired, prepared, and ready to live a life that is noticeably different to every person I encounter.  A life that is different Lord not because of anything of me but all because my time spent with you radiates into every area of my life. 
 
May the time spent with you radiate through me in a love for others who aren't easy to love or whom others may deem not worthy of my love.  May the time spent with you radiate through me in patience when life will try and pull me to be anxious and way to busy.  May the time spent with you radiate through me in joy that is based not on any earthly circumstances that can change quicker than the direction of the wind but on having spent time experiencing who you are.  May the time spent with you radiate through me in self-control that I am incapable of in my own weaknesses and desires.  May the time spent with you radiate through me in wisdom and understanding that is beyond my abilities and earthly understanding and used to help bring insight and guidance to any you may lead me to.  May the time spent with you radiate through me in a humbleness of heart that is not seen as weakness but caring and desiring to put the needs of others above my own and to do so with that joy and self-control that I have gain from you. May the time spent with you radiate through me in ways I can not even imagine and to do so not for my sole benefit but so that those I encounter can see you reflected in all areas of my life and want to draw nearer to you for their own benefit and blessing.
 
Lord I understand that this prayer starts with me and my time spent with you.  May your spirit draw me to you with eagerness and longing.  May you remove the things that hinder me from spending the time with you I need and truly do desire.  May you prepare me and draw me near so that I can be radiate you glory to others.
 
I am ready lord.  Let me be a light for you.
 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment