Monday, February 19, 2018

Bible blog Monday Feb. 19th

A Prayer For Our Hearts To Be Ripe For Receiving God's Word  (Matthew 4:1-20 parable of the seeds sown)

Lord your word always contains truth, guidance, encouragement, hope...everything needed to grow in faith and to persevere and thrive in life.  This truth,concerning your word, is a constant that we can always rely on.  But lord the condition of my heart can be fickle, ever changing like the wind.  What is the condition of my heart today? I need to know, I need you to make me aware.  I don't want the truth you have for me today, or any day, stolen from me, or trouble to cause it to fade from my focus and my life, or worries to choke it out.  Lord I want my heart to be like fertile soil.  A heart that is focused on you and trusting in you always.  I want your word, every bit of it, to sink into my heart deeply so it takes strong root and blossoms in my life so that others may see it, may be blessed by it, and you would be glorified.  Isaiah 55:11 tells us that your word never returns empty or void.  So lord I ask you to help me to be aware of the state of my heart so that your word accomplishes in me all that you purposed it to and may that be a bountiful accomplishment for you lord.

Lord show me what the condition of my heart is right now and if it is anything less than fertile soil I ask for your spirit to work in me and right the condition so I will be ready to hear and put into practice and use the life giving truths of your word.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment