Monday, February 26, 2018

Blog Post Monday February 26th

A Song of Remembrance As Our Prayer  (Psalm 42:4)


A prayer I love to pray at night before bed is for the Lord to give me a song as I wake up in the morning.  Every time I pray this he is faithful and as I wake up there is song to help start my day with a focus on the Lord.  A song to fill my mind with thoughts of the Lord is so very sweet.

Often times when I am reading scripture I will read a verse that brings a songs to mind and I will pause to sing it or find it and play it.  It becomes like a pray for me.

Today in Psalm 42 as I read verse 4 it stopped me as I immediately thought of Chris Tomlin's song "I lift my hands".  The verse says, "These things I remember as I pour out my soul."  I don't know if Chris Tomlin was inspired by this verse when he wrote his wrote but it was reminder to me to stop and reflect on who the Lord is, what he has done on my behalf as I lift up hands in praise and petition to the Lord in prayer today.

So rather than a prayer I want to share a song, Chris Tomlin's song.  Listen to it, remember it, sing it, and lift up your heart and your soul to the lord today as your pour out to him praise, honor, glory as well as needs, hurts, and desires.  Let us remember who we are lifting up our voices to when we pray and let that be a peace that washes over us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeOm4_YOd4A


No comments:

Post a Comment