Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Praise the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty. (Ps 104:1)

I love all that this Psalm has to say about how our God takes care of his creation. 'He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.' (Ps 104:5). 'They give water to all the beasts of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst. The birds of the air nest by the waters; they sing among the branches.' (11-12)

I am just so in awe of God's creation. When I hear someone say that this all happened by chance, through evolution or whatever, I want to shout at them, "Open your eyes!! Look around you! Look how everything works together!! There is no way this is all an accident!"

God planted trees and brought water to keep them alive. Their branches became a place for birds to build their nests and provide us with the first music. Songs unique to each type of bird. Plants and berries provided food for the birds and even today, I believe that God stirs the hearts of some people to throw out bread or hang a bird feeder to keep the birds alive through the winter. I read about a certain flower in South America that has a very long, curved shape. The nectar and pollen lie at the base of the inside of the flower. Now can you guess what also lives in the very area where this flower grows? A certain type of humming bird, equipped with a very long, curved beak. The only bird that can reach the nectar and the pollen to keep bird and flower from becoming extinct. Accident? I think not. Divine design? Without a doubt.

I cannot help getting so excited about nature and how God caused it all to be with his spoken word. How awesome is the one who thought of every tiny detail!! How nothing was forgotten, not one mistake made. The more I think about how it all works, the more I want to praise God and thank him for opening my eyes and my heart to receive him.

Lord, let me never lose my childlike wonder of who you are and what you have done. I am excited to know that the best is yet to come. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment