Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday, May 23, 2015 [by Keesha Sullivan]     

At times, I feel alone when things go wrong, especially with friendships. I have lost very few friends, but when it does happen it is definitely a painful process. Last year, I lost a friend of over a decade. I felt betrayed and sad. Even with the betrayal, I still wanted to reconcile, but it wasn’t going to be possible. As I read the May 23rd passage, I realized that I definitely wasn’t alone when it came to being betrayed by a loved one.     

Jesus said, “I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill scripture: He who shares my bread has lifted up his heel against me” (John 13:18). Jesus was referring to Judas Iscariot, one of his beloved disciples, helping the Pharisees murder Jesus. Jesus had had poured his heart into Judas, and He loved him. Although He had cared for Judas, Judas was poised to not only turn his back on Jesus, but to help others kill him.     

As I thought about what occurred with Jesus, I thought about the verse that says, “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin” (Hebrews 4:15). I also thought about how I needed even more healing from this pain. Since Jesus understood, He was and is the Perfect Person from whom to receive healing.     

Over the last several weeks, I’ve been placing my hand over my heart and asking God to heal the pain. My heart has been healing as He continues to touch. He also continues to speak to me, as He did through these verses, to let me know He understands. He has been through the pain of broken relationships and has been well acquainted with abandonment. Jesus has been THROUGH all of these heartaches…and has made it to the other side without bitterness or resentment.  That’s why He has the answers and the healing power to make our hearts whole again.    

Thank You Lord that when we go through painful circumstances that You heal our hearts and help us to move on. Thank You Lord that we have a God that understands and empathizes with what we go through. We love you so much and we need You. Please continue to heal our hearts from whatever burdens we are carrying. Fill us with Your love and Your incredible peace. Help us to remember that You have the power to completely heal our hurts from whatever wounds this world inflicts. Thank You that we can be of good cheer, because You have overcome the world and its sinful nature. In Jesus Name we pray Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment