Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday, May 24, 2015

You may have noticed that I haven't written on the past two Sundays. I've been struggling with what to write and what to say. I always pray before I read the passage and ask for wisdom and understanding and for the Holy Spirit to guide my thoughts and show me what to write. And even so, when I start to think about what to write, I've felt the words "hypocrite" and "fraud". "You try to write about spiritual things and yet you are so broken. Your family is in turmoil and you just can't seem to get your act together. Who are you to encourage other people?"

Jesus words? Absolutely not!! Words straight from the enemy's mouth. The spiritual battle rages on and on.

So, yes. I am broken. And yes. I am a sinner. And yes. I cannot live this life without wrapping myself in the full body cast of my Lord and Savior. I will not let the enemy shut my mouth and I will lean on Jesus and trust that he will strengthen me and protect me. The words of Psalm 119:28-32 will be my scripture for today.

"My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law. I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws. I hold fast to your statutes, O Lord; do not let me be put to shame. I run in the path of your commands; for you have set my heart free."

Amen and Amen


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment