Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May 6

John 4:50

Jesus replied "You may go.  Your son will live."  The man took Jesus at His word and departed.

When I read this passage this morning it made me stop and think - Do I take Jesus at His word - Do I truly trust in His Holiness and display the same kind of faith that the man did?  The royal offical came a long way to see Jesus.  Perhaps he had legal authority over Jesus, however he humbles himself immediately by calling Him "Sir."  In doing this he places himself under Jesus' Holy authority.  Unlike the others, this man trusted Jesus before he saw the miracle.  He believed and demonstrated his faith by being obedient and returning home.  It wasn't until he got there that he saw in the natural the miracle that took place the day before.  Throughout the gospels we read multiple accounts of Jesus' grace and holiness.  He performed miracles to increase the faith of everyone around Him,  I believe it's no different for us today. So as I sit in prayer this morning, lifting up to our Lord not only my own requests but those of others, I challenge myself to take Jesus at His word.  I place myself under His authority and  trust in His Holiness and will display my faith to my Lord by "departing" from the kitchen table and going about my day knowing that Jesus has heard my cries.   Lord I pray for my brothers and sisters that you give them the faith to do the same and I thank you Lord that as we pray, You are sending Your angels to attend to us and answer our prayers.  Lord increase our faith.




Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment