Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May 27

2 Samuel 12

God commissioned Nathan to confront David with his sin.  Nathan, using great skill and tact, had to creatively make David realize that what he did was wrong.  We all need a friend like Nathan who will, in truth and love, hold up a mirror so we can come to repentance when we can't see for ourselves that we are treading in dangerous waters. I think  we also need to cultivate within us a heart like David.  As I read further into this account, I learned that it was  during this trial that David wrote Psalms 32 and 51.  ( Ref. Amplified Study Bible pg. 464)  "Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions, wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin" (51:1-2)  A true cry of repentance.  We all have, at some point, been on our knees, face to the floor crying for mercy. I believe that's where the forgiveness found in God's loving nature begins. "Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit" (32:1-2).  This type of forgiveness can only come from God. God wants us to bring our transgressions before Him so He can forgive us.  As a matter of fact, not only does He want to forgive us, He provided a way for us to experience the joy of forgiveness, at the Cross, through Jesus.  Lord, I pray for my brothers and sisters that as a body of Christ we turn to each other in truth and love and are true friends. I pray Lord that we seek Your face and turn our hearts to you in sincere repentance.  I pray Father that we learn there is forgiveness at the Cross and the blood that was shed for us covers our transgressions and washes away our sins.  "O Lord open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise"  (51:15)






Randi




No comments:

Post a Comment