Thursday, April 23, 2020

Thursday, April 23

THURSDAY, APRIL 23, 2020

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.'" (Psalm 91:1,2)


This great Psalm of Moses ("the man of God") echoes into all time, reassuring us of God's constant presence with His people. When we face challenges and setbacks, we may find our security in God alone.

The key to unlocking this security comes from dwelling "in the shelter of the Most High" -- that is, seeking God and His presence. We won't find this security in any created thing or in anyone apart from God, including ourselves. Indeed, we might even observe that our anxiety often stems from our trusting in something or someone apart from God. We worry that our security will hold, but we know, deep inside, that we remain vulnerable.

In moments where we hunger for peace, we may turn fully to God and His welcoming presence. We understand that, in Christ, we have received a sure salvation: Jesus our Shepherd will guard and protect us. John 10:27-29 reads: "'My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one.'"

Have you shared your fears recently with the Lord in prayer? Have you laid your concerns in front of His feet? What do you find in the testimony of the Scriptures? What promises has He given?

As we face concerns and worries, we may often return to the triumphant promises of Psalm 91. May we seek Him fully and find His complete peace -- and then share it with others!


Lord God, thank You that You remain in control of every situation and every moment. We thank You that Your sovereignty never pauses. Give us eyes and hearts of faith to see Your tremendous promises clearly in moments of worry and concern. We cannot see beyond this moment, Lord, and need Your guidance and direction. Lead us along Your path. Help us to bless and love others. In Jesus's mighty Name, amen.


"Trust and Obey": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VoA0Cs8kgI



________________________________________________________________________
596 Glenbrook Road, Unit 13 | "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection
Stamford, CT 06906-1423 | and the life. He who believes in me will
(C) 203.820.1741 | live, even though he dies; and whoever
(H) 203.355.9374 | lives and believes in me will never die.
(E) swe@edwa.info | Do you believe this?'" -- John 11:25,26

No comments:

Post a Comment