Friday, April 24, 2020

April 24

April 24, 2020

Psalm 93

I am in a struggle for hope. The daily news of doom and gloom makes it hard to find hope. You might be in that same place too.  Right now, life is not great. On top of the struggle for hope, my default personality is one of seeing the negative in situations. I have told you that Kathie identified me as Eeyore when we watched the movie "Finding Christopher Robin." Just like Eeyore I am quick to say, "Oh no, oh no, this is happening.  Oh no, it keeps happening.  Oh no, why is this always happening to me?"

Three years ago, the Lord spoke to me and helped me change my "Oh no" to "Oh my" as in "Oh my, I can't wait to see what God is going to do next."  He helped me switch from "Oh no, what am I going to do?" to "Oh my, God, what are you going to do?" It's a lesson I had learned back then but had forgotten in recent days.  

On Monday night God spoke to me in a dream and told me to go back to that "oh, no - oh, my" life lesson I had learned three years ago. Tuesday morning, I decided to have my quiet time in my church office and Kathie was going to have hers at home. Once in my office, I put in a search for my "Oh, no to Oh, my" sermon. I discovered I had preached it on May 21, 2017. It was a sermon on steps 4 and 5 in the Red Sea Rules book. So in my journal Monday morning I wrote these words, "Rule 5: Stay calm and confident and give God time to work."

I heard the whisper of God Tuesday morning telling me to stand confidently without fear and just wait to see what He was going to do next. There was an immediate supernatural peace that flooded my heart in that moment.

When I went home the first thing Kathie asked me was, "How was your quiet time?" I told her it was one of my best ever, that the Lord had spoken to me. I shared with her the dream and finding the sermon on Red Sea Rule 5. 

Then I asked her what she had heard from the Lord that morning.  She told me she had been reading the Red Sea Rules for the last week since Maura had mentioned it in a recent Zoom coffee time and was now on chapter 5.  She had read the exact same words, "stay calm and confident and give God time to work" at the exact same time as me.

WOW… amazing. We both received the same message from God in two different locations at the very same minute. Only the Holy Spirit could have given both of us the same message at the same time. How thankful I am for a God who gives us the confidence to say "Oh my" and the expectation, "I can't wait to see what God is going to do in this impossible situation."

May you be blessed today and may you anticipate with great faith and hope what God is going to do next in your life.

 


--
"Multiplying leaders to change the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment