Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Bible Blog Post 4/21/2020

Joshua 22:21-23:16

Luke 20:27-47

Psalm 89:14-37

Proverbs 13:17-19



When I think about what God wants in my life, what He wants for me, and what He wants to see in me, He wants love, compassion, understanding, patience and devotion to His word.  As I continue along my journey, walking in faith, I have been able to better understand when things don't fit into what Jesus would do.  Reading Joshua 22 was like the Lord was speaking directly to me.  How often do I allow my own understanding of something to govern my decisions and reactions?  The Gospel tells me to pause and take time to listen.  Our understanding of the world and worldly situations is not necessarily God's understanding.  We must find patience in communicating with one another and not be quick to jump into forming opinions of others and situations based on our own interpretation of what is.  


Tonight during small group, it was my turn to be prayed for, and do you know what?  Things that I prayed for on my own in my personal conversations with God were coming out in the prayers that people were sharing with me.  Something that stands out to me from tonight was when my friend said to dig deep into His word, and how it will allow me to be more prepared for situations; I'm not doing it alone.  Sound familiar?  David dug so incredibly deep into His faith in our Lord that He believed in Him despite his tremendous hardships.  God does not falter on His promises, He does not go back on His word.  He promised to love and care for David, and He did.   Back in a time when the Holy Spirit could only be upon us, but not in us, David stood true in His faith.  It makes me think of today, where through God's grace and the ultimate sacrifice of His son, Jesus Christ, we have been given the gift of freedom in His name, and the Holy Spirit is now within us.  Yet, many of us still choose to take charge of our lives instead of handing it over to God.   We do not have to lean on our own understanding of how things ought to be, nor should we.  God wants us to lean into His understanding.  We are meant to be different.  We are meant to delight in the Lord.  Proverbs 13:17-18 mentions how stubborn people would be unlikely to experience the path of honor that God has in store for each of us because they refuse to see fault in their own ways; whereas someone who is willing to change and make adjustments to their life, will be better positioned to hand their heart over to God.  


Dear Heavenly Father,  I pray that each of us can delight in your Word each day, and allow the knowledge and wisdom gained from your teachings to help us discern right from wrong.  Dear Lord, please reveal to us any areas within ourselves that need healing so that we may step forward in full faith, no longer giving power to our fear of the unknown.



In your name I pray, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment