Wednesday, March 7, 2018

March 7

Mark 13

What was the most positive life changing event of your life?  Maybe our marriages, the birth of our children, deciding to change a career, deciding on a career, something else or a combination of things. I started to think about certain positive life changing events in my own life and how much time it took to prepare for them.  My wedding took months of preparation and was over in a few hours. Fortunately, my marriage is going. In today's reading we are reminded of another wedding, one that will truly last forever.  We are pointed to Christ's return. In Ephesians 5:32 we are reminded of a profound mystery referring to Christ and the church and can find many other references in Scripture pointing to the bride and the Bridegroom. So how are we spending  time preparing for our ultimate "wedding"?  Eternity lasts forever and the time we spend preparing for it determines the outcome.  We don't know when this glorious event will happen but Jesus tells us to be alert and on guard.  I realized that as a society we spend so much time preparing for significant (and sometimes insignificant) events in our lives but in all that we do in this thing called life, how much time do we spend preparing for that one moment that determines our forever? As I was reading, I was reminded of times perhaps not so well spent in preparation for a glorious event to come.  I pray Lord that as we go into our busy days we take time and prepare by putting Your Word and Your instructions first in our lives. You give us clear instructions to focus on Who and not when so I pray Lord for Your Spirit to rest upon us and guide us.  I pray for all of us that we stay alert because "One day He's coming, Oh glorious day". 

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment