Monday, March 5, 2018

Blog Post Monday March 5th

A Prayer For Knowing God's Love and Showing God's Love (Matt 12:24,27,30-31, Ps. 48:9 & 14)
 
Lord I want to know you.  I want to know you more and more each and every day.  I want to know and understand your word, your power, your love for me.  You are my God, the God of the living, my guide at all times in this life and I need you.
 
I want to live in the understanding, in the power, in the comfort and guidance of your love.  I want to know your love for me so that it fills my heart and mind, so that it directs my thoughts and actions.  I want your love to be so evident to me, so clear and certain that I cannot help but love you back with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind, and with all my strength.
 
I need to know your love, to be filled by it, to understand it lord in order for me to be able to have and to show a love for others whom you have or will place in life.  Your word says to love my neighbor, those in my life, as myself.  Lord, until I know and understand and experience the love that has been lavished upon me, by you, I will struggle to love others, to lavish upon them that same love by which I am loved.  I will not be able to love others as I myself am loved if I don't know and experience daily your love.
 
Lord I know that I need to take the time today, as well as every day, to mediate on your unfailing love for me.  I need wisdom and your guidance in order to grow in my understanding and experience of the God you are, the God who loves me in spite of my shortcomings and failures.
 
Lord, Help me today to be mediate on who you are and your love for me.  Help me today to experience your love and the depth of your love in ways I have yet to experience.  Help me today to take steps to love others the way I myself have been loved by you. 
 
I am ready Lord.  Teach me and lead me in your love.
 
 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment