Monday, March 26, 2018

Blog Post Monday March 26th

A Prayer To Experience and Display The Whole Hearted, Full Devoted And Strength Giving Love Of God (Deut. 6:5 & Psalm 68:35)
 
Lord I desire to be obedient to your command which tells me to love you with my whole heart, my full soul, and every bit of my strength.  This is something I want to do, not out of a sense of obligation but because I recognize that it is how you have shown your love for me.  This week I will spend time reflecting upon your death and resurrection as Good Friday and Easter approach.  The cross was a display of your love, a love that was poured out for me with all your heart, soul and strength.  You held nothing back, you sacrificed everything, and I am moved and my life blessed beyond words.  Help me Lord to remember and experience your love for me today so that it will guide me, it will keep my heart from wandering and will anchor my life, my love and my devotion to the only one who is truly worthy.  I want to experience a love for you Lord that fills my heart to overflowing, that consumes my soul, and is expressed in every thought and action that my strength can give aide to.  There will undoubtedly be things in my day that will try and throw my focus off, turn my heart aside, burden my soul, and cause me to lose strength.  It is at these moments when I will need to experience your whole hearted love for me as a reminder and encouragement to not loose heart and to remember that I have your power to aide my strength when I am weary.   Thank you, Lord, that your commands are not just words but that you have lived them out for us as an example to follow and find comfort in.  Fill my heart, encourage my soul, and give me strength to live a life of love for you today.
 
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment