Friday, March 23, 2018

March 23

March 23

Psalm 66:16-17


Come and listen, all you who fear God,

Let me tell you what he has done for me

I cried out to him with my mouth

His praise was on my tongue


When we see God working in miraculous ways, we have the duty of telling the world through our words and  praise. Israel had seen a lot of incredible God sightings and they were charged with recounting these mighty acts of deliverance.


This week 12 of us made the trip to Texas to serve the greater kingdom through helping people rebuild their homes after the devastation of Hurricane Harvey. The devastation down here is significant and widespread. Our teams were admonished by our team leader, Jackie Passer, to first of all, rebuild the lives of these people and then to rebuild their homes. So many of us had deep spiritual conversations with these dear people who lost everything. All of the houses we worked on did not have any insurance. So without our assistance they would be homeless. Hearing the stories of these homeowners made this trip totally worthwhile.


One of our early needs was to supply a cook for 45 people. God placed two professional cooks on our team with Lin and Nico. Lin didn't even realize she was a professional until this week. Both of them provided outstanding menus.


Team unity is always a concern on missions trips. You couldn't have put together a better team than the 12 who came from Grace. The other churches we partnered with were also team players and we blended together very well.


God was also working even in the difficult situations. I had an accident on Tuesday in which I fractured two of my ribs. At first the doctor was concerned there was damage to my vital organs but God was gracious and it was just a break.  God provided a bed for me that evening so I got a good night of rest. The team was so gracious and supportive during this time. I also felt your prayers so many miles away.


In the end we always ask the question, who benefits more from these mission trips, the givers or the receivers?  I don't think there is any question that it is more blessed to give than to receive. Thank you for being a giver too, giving us all of your prayers and support.




--
"Multiplying leaders to change the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment