Wednesday, March 21, 2018

March 21

Numbers 33:1

Here are the stages in the journey of he Israelites when came out of Egypt by divisions under the Leadership of Moses and Aaron.  At the Lords command Moses recorded the stages in their journey.

As I read this passage I started to think about how the Israelites journey happened in phases. They didn't just reach their ultimate destination, their journey took time. They set out from one place, endured hardships, ended up in another place and so the cycle goes.  All along they were under the direction of Moses and Aaron, who were under the direction of God.  I started to think about my own journey.  It also happens in phases and I moved from one phase of my life to another, under the direction of Jesus.  There are so many times I struggle with where I am on many levels, and I am learning to take a step back and lighten up a little knowing that God has me exactly where I'm supposed to be until it is time to move on.  The Lord commanded Moses to "record the stages in their journey".  That's why we journal. I've learned how important it is for our spiritual growth to be able to look back and see how God has moved and worked in our lives. When we question or think we aren't growing, we need to be able to look back and see how far God has taken us. I think it's important that we remember our ultimate destination. Our journey doesn't end on this side of heaven. I consider it it a privilege and a blessings to be on this journey with everyone who is reading this blog.

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment