Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 27, 2015

Exodus 4:1-5:21
Matthew 18:1-22
Psalm 22:19-31
Proverbs 5:15-21

Well, here I sit at work.  Should be able to get a lot of work done today seeing as there is NOBODY else here.  Before I read today's scriptures, I took one of those silly little facebook quizzes.  "Which word sums up your entire life?"  My word is below:

You are a:   Believer

Regardless of what other people might think, you're faith is your core devotion in life. It's the one thing inside you that will not change even when your outside changes. You realize very well that you can't compare anything else to it because the rewards you'll get from it are far greater than anything you'll get without it. So if it ever came down to choosing Earthly life vs. everlasting life, it's no surprise you'll choose the latter.

As I sit here thinking which Bible passage most impacted me, I recall my daughter telling me that even Moses was unsure of himself and felt that he could not find the right words to free his people from Pharaoh.  The Lord did not equip me with another person to interpret my words or miraculous signs to show others to get them to believe in Him.  He did however give me a caring heart.  To be a believer brings great joy to this heart. 

I have had many trials and tribulations in my own life; but these have made me into the person that I believe God wants me to be.  I have learned to turn the other cheek on so many occasions, and I do not regret it.  This little quiz may be just God's way of letting me know that even if I cannot find the right words to glorify Him, perhaps others will know by my actions that He is our only hope in this world.  I know for sure that God has been the only constant in my life - through thick or thin.  He has never left me or forsaken me.  Yet, like Moses, I still hold on to the feeling that perhaps I am just not the right one for the job.  But as Jose pointed out yesterday -- God does not choose the qualified - He qualifies the called.  So even though I may not meet the job requirements of posting for this blog, my heart is bursting with joy knowing that in some small way, I am glorifying the Lord each day just by being in the Word and pressing on to get closer to Him each day with each reading and learning from others. 

I would also like to recapture more of that childhood innocence and humility.  At this stage in my life, I realize how very blessed I have been.  I am right where God wants me to be, even if I continue to place myself on the side of the valley; but He is with me despite myself.  Guess I just have to get a solid grip on that staff and follow my Shepherd to be able to enjoy the path and plan He has prepared for me.  

Be safe today and be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. You already feel unsure of yourself, and then you see your worst fears in print. It really knocked me - which is why, I think, I was working, working, working, because I was trying to run away from the fact that I thought I couldn't do it. See the link below for more info.


    #unsure
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete