Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 13 - Promises and Miracles

January 13 - Promises and Miracles
Genesis 28:1-29:25
Matthew 9:18-38
Psalm 11:1-7
Proverbs 3:11-12
I do believe that I am finally getting the hang of reading the Bible in a year. I am far more familiar now with the lineage and who belongs to whom. What I guess I am saying is that - it is finally making sense to me. As mentioned in previous posts, it amazes me how the Lord gives directions, and we still choose to ignore or do our own thing. Yet somehow in the end, when we come to our senses we realize that what He does and what He gives to us if for our own good. God showed great mercy to Leah who felt so unloved and miserable because Jacob was in love with Rachel. He blessed her with four sons to carry on Jacob's line, while Jacob's true love, Rachel, was barren. The Lord does work in mysterious ways. (I did cheat a bit here by reading just a small bit ahead, so I cannot wait for tomorrow's post.)
In the end - even though it took Jacob 14 years - he surely got more than he bargained for even after the many times Laban tried to trick him. God was always with Jacob, and he prevailed. He had wives, sons and livestock - he was indeed blessed!
I have often told my children about the woman whose only desire was to touch the robe of Jesus to be healed. I almost feel as if I was there at that time. I don't understand the strong connection that I feel to this story, but perhaps it is God's way of reassuring me that if my faith continues to grow and remain strong - His healing will be with me no matter what the situation.

With all of the recent passings of many people that I know and the diseases that plague us and so many others - who would not want to give everything for the Lord to heal us. Can you just imagine Him walking among us today doing the miracles of old with just a touch or a word. It just makes me shiver to think of it. Yet I know that He is with us and still performing the miracles in answer to so many of our prayers. With this knowledge in our hearts, we must continue to be the workers to let others know of God's grace and mercy because the harvest is indeed plentiful. Sometimes it is most plentiful in our own homes.

Proverbs 3:11-12 - My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those He loves, as a father the son he delights in. Harvest the ones who don't quite yet understand because they have not yet surrendered completely to the will of God. I shall continue to pray and wait on the Lord. Currently I am witness to a plan that has been in the works for at least 16 years. Thank you Lord!
Like · ·
  • Write a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment