Friday, March 22, 2013

March 22nd, day 81

"You must not defile the land where you live, for I live there myself. I am the Lord, who lives among the people of Israel." (Numbers 35:34 NLT)

When I read this verse this morning, it jumped off the page at me. "I live there myself." The God who created the universe, who breathed us into existence, who gave us light and dark, chose to live with us, and dwell among us. As I thought about it more, I realized that this has happened several times throughout God's plan, and in several different ways. Actually, there might not be a time aspect in this, but just a WAY aspect. That, however, is a discussion for another day. We will focus on the latter. First, we see that God dwelt among the people of Israel, and in John, secondly, we see that God came to earth in flesh, through His Son.
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14 NIV)
The the third way is that God dwells IN US. We who are called by his name, the followers of Christ, actually house the living God within us!
"All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God." (1 John 4:15 NLT)
The fourth is that God's spirit is within our hearts. (I know, #3 and #4 are much the same, but the bible makes a distinction, so shall I!)
"And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, "Abba, Father." (Galatians 4:6 NLT)
We have a living God, who lives in us, and calls us his children. That is such an awesome thing!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment