Friday, March 15, 2013

3/15/13 day 74

The passage today reminds me of the movie Shrek. I can hear it now: "Donkey: We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!"
I all honesty, this passage had me so intrigued that when it ended at the end of chapter 23, I couldn't stop. Cut me off in the middle of a three-part story like that? Oh no you didn't! But the point I am making is that I had to read part of tomorrow's reading as well. The story doesn't end at chapter 23, so I had to read 24 as well. I am amazed at how God works. My first question is who is this Balaam guy? Balaam was a gentile diviner that had the gift of prophecy. This guy was told by the Lord about certain events. It sounds like he was an adviser to several kings in the area, thus the reason he was sent for. But Balaam knew better than to just lie for money. Balaam had to speak what the Lord told him to, and bless who the Lord told him to. It is interesting how God uses people, and yet some of them are pretty bad people. Balaam is one of those pretty bad people. We will see his end in Numbers 31, when he is part of a plan to defile Israel by the Moabites, which works, and a lot of Israelites die by plague because of it. But God used him here to get his message across to Balak. God is with Israel! They are blessed by Him.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment