Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 29

Read Exodus 25-28 God's Moving to the Hood.

We all need a home to live in. In a special way God has a home in heaven and he wanted an exact copy of that built on earth. There are differing views if there is a temple in heaven ... Rev 11:19 seems to indicate that there is. But what is agreed on is that everything in this plan for the earthly temple has a purpose. Everything in the temple would point to the sacrifice that Messiah would make 1400 years later. That is why we have the words ... “according to the pattern I showed you on the mountain.”

The amazing truth about this home for God is that it is to be built on real estate on earth. God wanted to move to the hood. He wants to be close to his people.

Here is the problem I have as I read these verses... I am not a detail person. I do not do wallpaper anymore, I detestation 1000 piece puzzles, and I dislike reading instructions yet God has given highly detailed blueprints for his house. How many times does God tell Moses to build his sanctuary exactly as instructed? There is no independent contracting on this job.

Syncretism is not allowed in this relationship with God. Syncretism is the combination or fusion of differing beliefs. We can’t say to God, I want to have this part of the temple, but I also want a video room or a game parlor for my entertainment. They had to follow God’s precise detail in this construction of this home.

The same is true today .... believe in the God who is revealed not in the God you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment