Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 24

Read Exodus 9-11

If you have fallen off schedule use this Saturday to catch up. Go to a quiet spot, grab your Bible, and catch up. You don’t want to fall behind this early. You can do this!!! Which brings us to a very important question: What is the purpose of this Saturday?

Exodus 9:16 But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

Is it by sheer accident that you have arrived on this Saturday? Was it because of the evolutionary principles that the 5000 bodily activities are functioning in you right now? Or does God have a purpose for your life and for this Saturday.

God told Moses that he was raised up to play a crucial role in the deliverance of the Israelites. I believe there is a purpose for every one of our lives. We are not accidents. Every one of us has a unique mission and purpose in life. And our very first priority is to know and love Jesus.

George MacDonald (1824-1905) Scottish preacher and writer, once began a sermon by saying, "If I cannot persuade you to understand a little more of Jesus Christ, my labor is lost in coming to you. If I cannot help any human heart to draw closer to the living one, my labor is lost. Did the fact ever cross your mind that you are here in this world just to understand the Lord Jesus Christ, and for no other reason?

This is our mission today.

No comments:

Post a Comment