Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 15

Genesis 31-33 Jake the Snake

Jacob was a deceiver. That is what his name means, “He deceives.” If he was a wrestler in WWE he would be known as Jake the Snake. Well here we have Jake the snake wrestling God. He was a dirty wrestler when he started out the match but by the morning he was changed. When it says he wrestled God it means he wrestled with Jesus. And because of the Lord’s special touch on his life he would walk everyday with a limp. Sometimes the Lord hurts us to help us. Jacob became a weaker man physically, but he was a stronger man spiritually He was given a new name. Israel which means… "one who struggles with God." How can I wrestle with God this very cold January day? I wrestle God through prayer. It starts out with wrestling but it ends up with clinging. I need to get hold of God today and not let go until I know that he has touched me, forgiven me, changed me and blessed me.

It takes 24 seconds to pray the Lord’s Prayer. A way to wrestle with God today is talk with Him throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment