Friday, May 31, 2013

5/31/13

5/31/13, day 151

The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand. I pant with expectation, longing for your commands. Come and show me your mercy, as you do for all who love your name. Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil. (Psalms 119:130-133 NLT)

We are almost half way through our Bible reading for the year, and I just wanted to encourage you all to continue on this journey, complete the task. God has been doing a good work in me this year, and it is because I have been in His word. Today's reading in the Psalms talks plainly about His word, how it can guide our path, how it gives light. God's word is a "lamp unto our feet and a light for our path." God's word is living and active. It shows us the right way to live our lives, it convicts us of sin, it encourages, teaches and guides. It is the ultimate direction-giver. But we have to allow the word of God to be our guide, and we have to know the word of God to let it. We need to "hide His word in our hearts, so that we will not sin against Him." The Word is more than a book, it is a weapon, and we need to be ready to wield it. We are in constant battle, and our best defense is the Word of Truth!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment