Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday, May 5

(Posted on behalf of Louise Jaworoski)

SUNDAY, MAY 5, 2013

Judges 21:1 - Ruth 1:22
John 4:4-42
Ps 105:1-15
Pr 14:25

"But Ruth replied, 'Don't urge me to leave you or turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me.' Ruth 1:16-17

There was obviously a strong bond between Ruth and her mother-in-law, Naomi. During the ten-plus years they lived together as a family in Moab they must have grown very close. So much so that after their husbands had died and Naomi wanted to return to her home in Bethlehem, Ruth chose to go with her and not to return to her own mother. Even though Naomi tried to convince Ruth to stay in Moab, Ruth was sure that she wanted to leave and make her home in Bethlehem with Naomi.

Was there a still, small voice within Ruth? Was she being led by God to go to Bethlehem with Naomi? I think this must have been the case since looking ahead to the scripture reading for tomorrow, we learn that Ruth plays an important part in the heritage of Jesus.

Sometimes when we are led to go somewhere or to do something that seems to make no sense at the time, we need to remember that our Lord is in control. Always leading and guiding us to fulfill His purposes. We need to seek His wisdom and obey Him even when we can't see around the next corner. Psalm 105:1-2 tells us to "Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts." If we can look back at what the Lord has done in our own lives, we can be encouraged to follow Him and know that He is right and good and will not let us down.

 


________________________________________
1) Blog:                  http://bit.ly/rV1Cw1

2) Facebook:        http://on.fb.me/tc6jkS

No comments:

Post a Comment