Saturday, October 27, 2012

October 27: The Galilean Ministry

(Posted on behalf of Jon Lanuza)

October 27, 2012

Galilean Ministry



I experience doubt a lot. While I rarely doubt God exists, sometimes I wonder if He should be bothered, or if He cares about the things that matter to me. Other times I doubt that I deserve His love, thinking that I need to "be good" in order to be saved. It is reassuring to read I am in good company. John the Baptist seems to have experienced doubt as well...after telling Jesus He should have been baptizing John, he then sends his disciples to ask if Jesus was the Messiah. How nice that Jesus does not condemn John for his doubt, but conveys His reassurance...and then praises John before the crowds.

Doubt is a daily struggle. In this context, it is even more amazing to read the centurion's response to Jesus...not only did he confess he was unworthy of Jesus's attention, He professed that Jesus had the power to heal his servant. May we live lives filled with faith like the centurion's, but receive the Jesus's reassurances when, inevitably, our faith wavers.


________________________________________
1) Blog:      http://bit.ly/rV1Cw1

2) Facebook:  http://on.fb.me/tc6jkS

No comments:

Post a Comment