Sunday, October 21, 2012

obedience

21 OCT 2012

 

Ok here we go the New Testament! Jump on board and start reading today!

 

Ok I'll keep it short. Todays reading is all about obedience!

 

The Magi set out on a journey to find this King, many miles from different parts of the world, how why? They read the scriptures and followed them  and they were not even Hebrew.

 

Joseph's flight to Egypt. OBEDIANCE in the middle of the night God said "YO GET UP, TAKE MARY AND JESUS AND GET OUT OF TOWN"! JUST GO, I'LL TELL YOU WHERE TO GO"!  Joseph jumped up and left not knowing where they were going or why. Mary was obedient as well. That could have been a heck of a fight. Mary get up we have to leave for Egypt NOW! Mary rolls over sleeping yawns and says "that's nice dear. No! Mary now we have to go Mary and Joe could of dueled that night, but Mary was receptive to God and obedient in general.

 

Ok Harod was not so obedient with the baby killing thing, but he dies.

 

Joseph gets told again to relocate so wake up Mary and hit the road.

 

Mom and Dad loose Jesus for three days. Ruth and I thought we lost Talon one year in South Carolina for what seemed like an eternity lost him long enough to have about 30 people from an outdoor restaurant and the police looking for him. That event has changed both of us forever. So anyone who has lost a child and could not find them we feel your pain. Like Jesus Talon was right where he was supposed to be at the hotel. Jesus was at His Fathers house. I don't know if Mary or Joe felt like this, but when I knew Talon was fine I wanted to choke him, well not really but you get the point.

 

Mary even said to Jesus "Son why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.

 

Lastly Jesus we as scripture says He went down to Nazareth with them and He was obedient to them. Amazing the God of the universe yielded to sinful human parents Jesus who had all of the POWER of Heaven and Earth with in him. Humbled Himself to obedience, what an awesome God we serve.

 

Ok so it wasn't so short.

 

I'm sure you and I have many ways we need to work on being obedient to Christ daily. This week find one area you will work on and pray that God will give you the strength to obey! I would love to hear what it is you are working on this week.

 

I will work on praying with my wife something I have always struggled doing.  When you see her ask her how I'm doing. Have a blessed day.  

 
 

--
Chuck Goulart
President
Anytime Appliance
203-943-0961

"Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes."


No comments:

Post a Comment