Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday October 22nd Written by Sheri Wills

Today's blog was written by Sheri Wills.  Good personal reminders in today's reading.  Hope you all are blessed by this as much I am.


Ruth and I were chatting this morning and she asked me to give my thoughts on today's reading.  The title "Jesus Faces Temptations" caught my attention. 
Satan tempted Christ when he was hungry and vulnerable.  He played off "partial" truths – which we know are really lies!  I was thinking about how this applies to my own life.  Satan is very smart and knows exactly how to get me.  He convinces me that I am unworthy of God's affection and tells me to just "buck up", keep my mouth shut and press on without sharing my struggles with others.  After all – what would they think?!  Once I get in that funk – I not only alienate myself from others but also from God and his word.  When satan tempted Christ, Christ's response was to quote scripture.  To speak the TRUTH.  He also spent time fasting and praying.  So today – when I started believing the "partial" truths (LIES!!!) I walked outside and reminded myself of Jeremiah 3:17.  This is the verse that our lady's Bible study is memorizing.
 
The Lord is always with you, He is mighty to save.
He will take GREAT delight in you;
He will quiet you with His Love;
He will rejoice over you with singing.
 
Doesn't sound to me like a God that is withholding affection.  If I memorize the scriptures, I can pray the scriptures.  I can replace the lies with the truth.  "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world".  That means you and me baby…..
 
Sheri M. Wills

No comments:

Post a Comment