Saturday, February 27, 2021

Of Humility, Faith and Prayer


Leviticus 20:22-22:16
Mark 9:1-29
Psalm 43:1-5
Proverbs 10:18

The disciples couldn't cast the demon out of the boy, the demon that hurt the boy, had almost killed him.  His father was distraught and desperate.  At the end of the story, though, the boy is well.  You know what I think happened?  Three things, it seems.  

First, humility.  The father knew he couldn't heal his son; he was humble enough to acknowledge he needed help, and to ask for it.

Then faith.  It was interesting how, when Jesus suggested he might not have faith, he asked for more. 

And finally, prayer.  As Jesus said, "This kind [of demon] can come out only by prayer."  

Father, I have my share of demons.  When they come, remind me not to fight the battle on my own.  Give me the humility to turn to You, the faith to trust in Your love and power, and the persistent in prayer till You've won the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment