Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Bog Post From Matthew Feb. 3




First, I'd like to add a little something to last week's blog. I titled it "Becoming Innocent".

I feel that I should mention the way to "become innocent" is by accepting what Jesus did
for us on the cross. With that being said, it's clear we are supposed to behave in a certain way.

Thank you!

Now, the blog for February 3, 2021:

Exodus 17:8-19:15, Matthew 22:34-23:12, Psalm 27:7-14, Proverbs 6:27-35

37 Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your
mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your
neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."


Oh, how often do we make excuses not to show love to our neighbors?

"If I even go and say 'hi' to that person, they'll annoy me and then I'll be in a bad mood! I can't afford to be
in a bad mood, I'm too busy! I'll just keep my distance."

Perhaps, some people are better loved from afar, but are we doing the right thing by avoiding certain people altogether?

There's keeping a healthy distance and then there's ignoring somebody completely.

How much judging have we done without even realizing it?

We're supposed to show love to those people. We're supposed to teach those who don't understand and correct
those who are behaving inappropriately. Not talk behind their backs. Not make fun of them.

As Christians, we are called to love each other when it's difficult, not just when it's easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment