Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Blog From Matthew Feb. 10

Exodus 30:11 - 31:18
Matthew 26:47 - 68
Psalm 32:1 - 11
Proverbs 8:27 - 32


Psalm 32: 2-5   "Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit. 
When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord."

The psalm says we're blessed when there is no deceit in our spirit. One thing I take away from that is; we need to really do some 
self-reflecting and make sure we aren't allowing things in our lives that aren't supposed to be there.

Somebody said at the Bible study tonight, something to the effect of: "Don't we all try to justify our sin?"    

What ways do we deceive ourselves into keeping ungodly things in our lives?

One way we can deceive ourselves is to simply not think about certain things. It's easy not to feel guilty about something when we don't let 
ourselves think about it.

How many people decide not to read the Bible or get to know the Lord because they know that it would mean changing 
the way they live?

We can't conceal the truth from God, but we can conceal the truth from ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment