Monday, March 1, 2021

Bible Blog Post ⭐️ March 1, 2021

Leviticus 24:1-25:46 

Mark 10:13-31 

Psalm 44:9-26 

Proverbs 10:20-21 


1 Jesus then left that place and went into the region of Judea and across the Jordan.  Again crowds of people came to him, and as was his custom, he taught them.


"and as was his custom, he taught them."

As crowds of people came near, Jesus continued to extend His love toward them and shared His knowledge and wisdom.  This verse got me thinking about how His natural inclination was to share love, exemplify love, and to show us how to love.  It was His custom, it is what He did, it was who He was, it was His character.  Then I look at the world, and how our sinful nature may cause our customs to veer far off course at certain points of our lives.  I think about the book of Genesis and how at one point, humans, Adam and Eve, were without sin.  I wonder what life and customs would have been for them had they not eaten fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?  Furthermore, what would our natural inclinations be pre-sin?  What are our natural inclinations now?  


As I go along my walk, I see how valuable and transformative the word is.  As we immerse ourselves into God's word, engage in discussions rooted in Christ, share meaningful moments with our brothers and sisters in small groups, absorb the word at Sunday services, commit acts of kindness and share God's love, as we do things that exemplify what it means to be a Christian, as we appreciate the Grace given to us by God and as we show that Grace onto others, I believe that we too are building customs that align with our Lord's vision of love.  


Some good questions to reflect on might be:  How would someone describe my character?  What character do I believe I display in front of others?  What character traits and customs of mine do I think serve God well?  Is there anything I think that I need to work on changing in the immediate future?  Grace Family, let's open our hearts with acceptance to God's revelation and will for us all.


God, Our Loving, Gracious, Merciful Father, we love You.  Thank You for revealing your wisdom to us in Your word, and thank You for bringing us closer to You.  Heavenly Father, we are so blessed to have multiple small groups at Grace church, and it is because of your goodness that we are all able to gather and partake in these meaningful times of worship and spiritual growth.  You feed and nurture our souls, you give us strength and hope, you give us purpose; You ARE our purpose.  We owe our lives and devotion to You.  We shall live our days on this earth exalting Your name and praising our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit to help us along this journey.  Thank you for your Grace.  Again, we are so blessed. One day I hope that we can all join You in Your perfect kingdom and experience what our customs can truly be.  In the name of Your one and only son, Jesus Christ, I pray.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment