Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Blog Post from Matthew

Leviticus 27:14 - Numbers 1:54
Mark 11:1-26
Psalm 46:1-11
Proverbs 10:23

Psalms Chapter 46
10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

I want to focus on the first part of this verse and what I think about. "Be still, and know that I am God".
Now, every situation is different. There are times when God wants us to get up and do something.
There are other times when God wants us to be still. God will move. God can do anything.

I'd like to pair this verse from Psalms with some verses from Mark Chapter 11.

22 "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. 23 "Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself 
into the sea,' and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.
24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.


I see here at least two things to take away. One: The Lord uses moving a mountain as an example. I take
this as Jesus telling us there is nothing wrong with big prayers. Pray for big things. Believe God will move 
mountains for you.

Two: When you pray, believe it's going to happen. Again, every situation is different. Be still, believe God is
taking care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment