Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Jan 16

Proverbs 3:19-20

By wisdom the Lord founded the earth;by understanding he created the heavens. By his knowledge the deep fountains of the earth burst forth, and the dew settles beneath the night sky.

I find myself in new territory these days. I'm learning there's a turning point in the child/parent relationship where we shift from "parenting skills" to "coaching skills".  My two boys are now young men but still come to me at times for my guidance and or opinion.  While I'm doing my very best to guide them, I find myself wondering "who am I to give anyone advise?"   I've made more mistakes than I'd like to admit to, (and probably even invented some) and here I am trying to offer guidance to two of the most precious people in my life. Offering wisdom is not about being clever, it's not about accumulating knowledge and offering facts.  It's all about getting to know God better and allowing that relationship to shape our lives and guide our conversations. Along those lines,  I've realized the best wisdom can only come from God. His wisdom founded the earth and the heavens, how does what I can offer compare to anything God has to say?  It certainly doesn't.  So I find myself listening for God's voice while at the same time listening to my sons questions and praying at the same time that I say the right things.  Romans 12:2 tells us to be transformed by the renewing of our minds.  It's not our wisdom we want to offer anyone, it's God's, the One who by His knowledge set creation into motion,  and the only way to know what He would say is by knowing what He says.  Chad said it so beautifully on Sunday, there is a road map to get through this life, there is wisdom beyond anything we could dream of  and it's all found in our Bible. Lord, thank you for your truth that sets us free.  Thank you for your words that are a lamp unto our feet. I pray You increase our capacity to hear Your voice and that Your spirit of wisdom rests upon us, guiding us and leading us. 

Randi


No comments:

Post a Comment