Wednesday, January 2, 2019

01.01.2019 blog

January 1, 2019
Genesis 1:1-2:25, Matthew 1:1-2:12, Psalm 1:1-6, Proverbs 1:1-6

Happy 2019 friends and family! We started a new year and I have already heard goals, resolutions, and ideas people have for the new year. Someone I know said he was going to get rid of his PlayStation, because it is a time stealer. Another friend talked about books she was going to read. In the past, I deleted Facebook off my phone because it was my time waster. I'm sure many of you have your goals ahead of you. New year/new day = fresh start in many of our minds.

For me, in 2019, this is part of my new start. Really being in the Word daily. I haven't been apart of the Bible blog team in a couple years and in these last years I have also been absent from the Bible in a daily basis. I know I need it...and honestly I crave it. Knowledge, relationship, stillness, and as a result, exalting God. I need accountability and you all are going to help!

Today we read beginnings. Genesis 1, Matthew 1, Psalm 1, and Proverbs 1. Solid words that bring us introduction to who God is and what He is like. He is Creator of everything around us: Heavens, oceans, creepy crawly things, and the people we love next to us. He is Creator of a plan and line through Abraham and David, bringing the world a Messiah whose birth we just celebrated. He is Wisdom and in beginnings we see that we can only have roots and bear fruit through His word...the Bible...DAILY! As Solomon said in Proverbs 1, "Listen...Understand...and explore meaning."

I'm excited for a new journey with you through God's word. I pray this year will be filled with lessons, God's presence and voice, and that we may be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment