Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Nov. 28

Proverbs 28:19-20

The Hebrew word for Proverbs is "meesh-lay".  A proverb is a saying, a story or a parable that is proven true over time through experience. They are timeless words of guidance and bring clarity to life situations.  With the exception of the choice of how many wives he had, King Solomon was indeed pretty a wise man as seen in his writings.  As we read throughout the book of Proverbs we see the contrast between two ways of living, one is the way of wisdom, and the other is the way of a fool.  We learned back in chapter 9 that "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom", so as we read through these verses on finances (19-28), I am looking at my checkbook with different lenses, since it was a financial crisis that began my journey with God a little over 10 years ago.  I find myself praying asking God's forgiveness for not handling our past finances according to Kingdom principles. It is said ignorance bliss, but I haven't found that in a Proverb, so it can't be from God, nor is it an excuse. As I was praying the other day, I thanked God for making a way for us when we didn't have one, and I found myself asking God for a second chance, to bless our finances and open doors for us that no man would be able to close. Since God is a God of impossible situations, my husband's dream of having a small business again will only come to us if it is orchestrated by God's hand and used for His glory.  As I read today's Proverb it says that "A faithful man will have many blessings, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished."  God examines our heart and our motives when answering our prayers.  I realized that whether I'm tithing, saving a little, trying to plan, or praising and praying, God is looking at the motives of my heart. I don't know what everyone who is reading this is praying for, but I pray that God blesses the deepest desires of your hearts exceedingly and abundantly more than you've ever asked or imagined possible.

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment