Monday, August 27, 2018

Blog post Monday Aug 27th

A Prayer For Grace Experienced and Grace Passed On  (2 Corinthians 1:12)


Lord I want to make sure that the relationships you put in my life are lived out by me in the holiness and sincerity that can only come from you.  I do not want to react, assume, or make decisions in my relationships based on worldly wisdom or my own, often times, tainted sinful emotions, hurts, or failed expectations.  Lord I want and need to have your spirit fill me with the knowledge of your Grace and then the strength to express your Grace towards others, in the relationships I have.  The only way I can show God grace towards others, especially when it isn't easy, is to ponder and reflect on the constant Grace you show me.  I recognize that I take your Grace towards me for granted every single day.  I horde it selfishly as if I earned it and don't always easily show it towards those whom I don't feel deserve it.   If I ever feel that I am deserving of your Grace I ask you to help me to remember that Grace from you is unmerited favor, I did nothing to deserve it but despite my sin against you, you chose to lavish it upon me.   So, I need to go forth and likewise show unmerited favor to those with whom need it not just those I deem deserve it.  Lord make me aware today of the relationships in which I need to surrender my heart, my hurts, my frustrations, my expectations and so on to you.  When you do I ask you to fill me lord with your unmistakable Grace.  May I experience it, it's comfort, it's freedom, it's healing, it's power and realize that if I choose to share that Grace with others then I open up a door for them to experience these same blessing in my earthly relationship.  I will learn to trust you and in that trust I will learn to let you use my sincerity and grace in the hearts of the ones I am showing it towards and leave it to you to work in them just as you are at work in me.

Thank you Lord for your unmatched selfless love and gift of Grace.  You truly do amaze me!

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment