Sunday, May 6, 2018

May 6

 "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders, "Jesus told him, "you will never believe". John 4:48

I believe that signs and wonders are not a thing of the past, but they happen in our everyday life. One of the ways we become blind to the signs and wonders, is by getting stuck in the why. Sometimes I find myself so busy trying to figure out why a certain thing happened to me, that I completely overlook the way things unfolded.  The Lord is calling us to focus on Him and not the problem.

The other day, I decided to go for a walk with my one-month old baby and my dog. We went to a quiet street near my house. One mile into our walk, out of nowhere, this huge wind started to blow. There were branches flying everywhere. The storm was furious. It felt like the end of the world was coming. I was completely terrified. I didn't know where to go and what to do. All I could say was "Lord help me". Instantly I heard, "I am the Lord of the storm." Looking around I saw a house not far away. I ran there, and the people were nice enough to let us all in. The storm passed, and we got home safely.

I wish to say that the first instinct was to be grateful for the Lord's protection and assurance. On the contrary, the first instinct was to get upset, why the Lord allowed that storm to happen. Am I not His child? It's very easy to get lost in the why. I am sure the father in today's reading didn't understand why his son had to be sick. However, I can focus on trying to corner God and demand an explanation to my Why, or put that aside and look at the whole picture. The Lord is present and in control of any circumstance. The Lord is above any life storm we might face. He is always with us even when we are alone with our deepest fears.

Lord don't let our need to understand the "Why", block us from seeing your miraculous signs and wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment