Wednesday, May 16, 2018

May 16

John 8:39

"If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do what Abraham did. As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.  Abraham did not do such things"


As I was reading this I wondering why was Jesus comparing these guys to Abraham, what did Abraham do? What does Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." (Romans 4:3)  Abraham, by faith, listened to what God told him. There's a delicate balance in our walk of faith.  We believe that Scripture is God breathed so we stand on promises yet we are faced with daily struggles which causes us to doubt.  I think the Pharisees who lived with the hope of the coming Messiah faced a similar dilemma. While they were standing on promises from Scripture, they doubted the truth while He stood right in front of them. I pray for all of us that as we learn to balance, our faith is credited to us a righteousness. I pray God pulls us closer by teaching us to trust in our faith and the ability He gives us by the power of His Holy Spirit to hear His voice. I pray our faith alone acts a strong witness to the hope we have in our Messiah and the truth we believe.


Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment