Sunday, May 13, 2018

May 13, 2018

"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him". By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed him were later to receive" John 7:37-39

Happy Mother's Day!

I was wondering why Jesus associated the Holy Spirit with water, the living water. I think that no matter how rich our lives are, without the presence of the Holy Spirit, everything feels dry and dead. I am going through an extremely exciting season of life. I have a 6-week-old son. I love him and enjoy him more than words can say. I don't mind changing diapers a million times a day or waking up several times each night. I feel extremely blessed and grateful to God, for this beautiful gift of life.

Prior to my son's birth, I had a routine in spending time with the Lord. Each morning I had chocolate milk (my pregnancy craving) with the Lord. However, once my son was born everything changed. The first month went by, without finding time to connect with God. Even though I felt so happy to be a mom, I also, slowly, started to feel that something was missing.  I had a weird sense of spiritual dryness. That's when I realized that my soul was thirsty for God. I was thinking when could I possibly find time to spend with the Lord? I am too busy. Then I remember someone saying that, when we are too busy to spend time with God, that's when we need it the most.

As a result, I make sure I find time to connect with God, most days. To me, that's access to the living water that Jesus was talking about." For in him we live and move and have our being" Acts 17:28. The key to abundant life, to joy, peace, love is the Holy Spirit. No other thing, place or person can satisfy our soul.  I try to open my Bible every day. My days look better, richer. My heart is satisfied because it's connected with the One who created it. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing". John 15:5

Lord help us to remember that you are the key to our "everything".

No comments:

Post a Comment