Monday, April 16, 2018

Blog Post Monday April 16th

A Prayer Of Grateful Reminder. (Luke 18:1)
 
 
Lord I thank you for prayer.  I thank you for making a way, for giving us an opportunity, to talk to you.  It is so easy to take for granted the gift of prayer.  It is so easy to sometimes view it as something I have to do not something I get to do.  There is so much in my life that can get in the way of prayer.  There are also times when I can feel that I am not being heard and that my prayers aren't making a difference. When this happens, I needed to remember how you encourage us in Luke to always pray and not give up.  That you are listening and you are working.   You knew we would have moments when we would either forget to pray, not leave time to pray, or be too discouraged to pray.  You knew Lord and so you made it a point to reminds us not to give up, not to lose hope, not to stop talking to you.  May your spirit continue to encourage me to pray and help me to know how to pray in all circumstances of my life.  May my prayers be that of the humble servant who lifts up my voice in gratitude as well as in need.  May I also remember to be still and listen so that I may hear you speak and encourage my heart.  Thank you, Lord, for this timely reminder today.
 
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment