Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April 4

Proverbs 12:15/ Deuteronomy 27:15-26

In our Proverbs reading today we learn that "the way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice."  Interesting words considering a few pages before, we read about Moses outlining the conditions that would bring curses upon the people of Israel if they didn't heed God's advice.  I've made lots of bad choices and thought they were right, I'm sure we all have.  I know now they were bad choices because life wasn't working out too well for me. I think if I had to name one spiritual discipline that enables me to make better choices when confronted with decisions I would have to say it is prayer.  Something happens to our souls when we get quiet before God.  Our choices go from "the way of fools" to the "way of God". I'm learning that through prayer, the best advise to listen to will come from God and I am so grateful to be part of a church family where listening prayer is the heartbeat of our lives.

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment