Sunday, July 9, 2017

July 9


Hopeless places

"When neither sun nor stars appeared for many days and the storm continued raging, we finally gave up all hope of being saved" Acts 27:20

According to the current edition of The Conference Board Job Satisfaction survey, and for the eighth straight year, less than half of US workers are satisfied with their jobs. It's very easy to lose hope, when for many hours a day, you are stuck doing something that disagrees with you. You try to make a change, apply for jobs, go to interviews, yet nothing seems to happen.

Recently, one of my friends quit her teaching job, because the work place was unbearable. Another friend, has so much anxiety at work, that she is considering whether or not she needs to be medicated. Others tell me, they want to leave Fairfield County, because they can no longer afford the cost of living. The more I focus on the world around, the easier it is to get discouraged and hopeless.

"We become so focused on the problems of today that we fail to consider what a wonderful future God has in store for us. We begin to see only the storm, and not the God who controls the storm. We see the waves crashing on the side of the boat, and not the One who walks on the sea, beckoning us to walk toward Him. And if we do step out, we focus on the rough waves, not on our loving Savior"

When faced with a hopeless situation, I can ask myself, who do I allow to dictate my reality? Is it the voice of the world, or the voice of God? The Lord tells me that I am His child (John 1:12-13), and that I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139-14). He tells me that, He has a great plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11), and everything will work out for my good.( Romans 8:28) "What is impossible with man is possible with God."(Luke 18:27).He came so I can thrive, "to have life, and have it to the full". (John 10:10)

I've read somewhere, that what we think about, expands into our lives. It's the beginning of a new week, and I choose to focus on God, His Word and His vision for my life. I choose to stay positive and make an effort, to find something positive in every encounter, to find God in everything I experience. "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty". (Churchill Winston)

Lord, I pray, that You help us focus on You and on "whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, excellent or praiseworthy." (Philippians 4:8). You, and only You, are the answer to our hopeless places.







No comments:

Post a Comment