Wednesday, July 5, 2017

July 5

1 Chronicles 1-2

A few years ago I went on one of those ancestry websites to see how far back I could trace my lineage .  I thought it would be kind of interesting to see if a website could tell me more than I already knew from what had been passed down to me through stories from my parents and grandparents.  Sadly, I didn't find out anything that I didn't already know.  In today's reading we see from the beginning of God's time line all the way to King David!!  As I was reading this I began to see a clearer picture of how we, as believers, are connected to that time line.  We too have a place in God's story, although we can't see the whole picture in this moment. I don't think Abraham, Isaac, Esau or Israel thought that their future lineage would be connected to Perez, Boaz, Obed, Jesse or King David.  In reading through the genealogy, we see God's plan to make the Word become flesh unfold, one generation at a time. It just made me start to think about where and how we might fit into the time line of God's eternal plan.  We have no idea how our lives, or our children and grandchildren's lives will piece together.  I often wonder how my life and the course of events that took place will have an impact on God's timeline for the generations that will follow.  Like Noah, Abraham and all the others that followed in the line, we  are called to step out in faith,
with confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.(Heb. 11:1).  Somehow, we all fit together into God's lineage and His perfect plan.  All I know is that with each generation, we get closer to seeing God's glory revealed.  As we go into the day the Lord has made for us, I pray we all avail ourselves to God and dedicate our minds, our ears, our eyes, our hands, our hearts to be part of His magnificent plan. I pray the Lord uses our feet to carry us to the next person who will be a strand in the bond of Christ.


Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment