Monday, July 24, 2017

July 24th post

More Than Conqueror's


I love History.  I could spend all day with a cup of tea and watch documentaries about history.  World War II history is the one piece of history that I am drawn to most.  The hard fought, high casualty, persistent, liberating battle against a barbaric evil the world had never seen intrigue's me and causes deep thought and reflection.  We all know that the Allies' were the victors of WWII  but at a great cost.  It is estimated that between 50-60 million people (3% of the worlds population at the time) died during that war.  I have seen the "after" pictures of the liberated countries and many of their cities were reduced to rubble, uninhabitable, needing to be rebuilt.  The pictures don't reveal much of a victory but speak more to loss.  Homes, neighborhoods, jobs, farms, schools, every facet of life as the people knew it had been destroyed yet the people went in and rebuilt from the rubble.  These victors, who survived a horrific battle, picked up the remnants of their lives and forged ahead to start life a new and to thrive.

We face battles (wars)
everyday against sin and temptation as well as bigger battles throughout our lifetime, some more challenging and longer lasting than others.  We do not have to face these battle alone or in our own strength and abilities, we have a victorious ally in Christ Jesus.

"If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all (to conquer deaths grip)- how will he not also, along with him graciously give us all things?  Christ Jesus, who died - more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us."  Romans 8:31-32 & 34

Our ally, Christ Jesus, defeated death on our behalf and he continue to arm us, graciously giving us all we need to live a continually victorious and thriving life.  We may be scarred and wear the evidence of our battles for all to see but we have so much more given to us, everything we need to continue to live a victors life despite the world around us.  I was struck by Romans 8:35 today.

"In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."

I am more than just a conqueror.  I am more than a victor.  God loves me.  God did not just send Christ to earth to die in my place and give me victory over death but to give me life to the fullest starting now.  He did not win the victory for me to sit in a life of battle rubble but to be more than that.  Trouble, hardship, persecution, famine, nakedness, danger and the sword (vs.35) can be the rubble around me in my life but when I keep my eyes focused on my ally, my help, my strength, my provider I am keeping my eyes focused on my hope, my deliverer, the one who loves me more then anyone or anything.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in ALL CREATION, will be able to separate us from the love (the grace, the mercy, the forgiveness, the power, the help,the hope) of God that is in (is found in our ally) Christ Jesus our Lord."  Rom 8:38-39

We are not called to live as defeated children of God but to live as more than conqueror's.  Whatever your struggle, your battle, your hardship, your fear in life you are to remember that you are not alone and that you have an ally who isthere is to help you through.  We are not called to live as more than conqueror's after the battles are over but to live as more than conqueror's while the battle is raging.  We can do this when we remember that God is for us and he will sustain us and he will be all that we need no matter what the battle or what the rubble around us looks like.  He already defeated our enemy and arms us with that same power.  Joy can be found during the trial and we can live in the peace of our Savior and ally even when uncertainty swells around us.  Seek the Father, rest in the Son, and let your life of victory in Christ during the battles be a light to those around you and show the world that you are loved and you live as more then just a conqueror but a thriving child of God.

"Y
ou, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."
John 4:4

Below is a link to an anthem song for us all.  It is called "More Thank Conqueror's".  Listen and let it remind you of who you are in Christ Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p8_4NbrcKA

No comments:

Post a Comment