Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Proverbs 15:31-32 New International Version (NIV)

31 Whoever heeds life-giving correction
will be at home among the wise.

32 Those who disregard discipline despise themselves,
but the one who heeds correction gains understanding.

I am finding more and more knowledge in the Proverbs of how I should have lived my life. I guess it all has to do with the cycle of life. As a youngster, and a young adult, many of us have struggled with self-esteem and perhaps this is why we disregard discipline. Even though we are/were young, we certainly knew it all! Only through these instructions from the manual of life, can we take correction openly and grow in the knowledge of ourselves as we should be when walking with the Lord. It is never too late to be wise. The Proverbs also are easier to understand now that I am more open to God's Word and His teachings. This has long been an excuse used by me and many other people that I know. The excuse for not reading the Bible because we just don't understand it. Well, given a little time and some quiet reading, along with a good Bible study group, this too is possible. With understanding comes knowledge! Thank You Lord for the Book of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment