Friday, May 13, 2016

May 13

1 Samuel 13


Every day we are on a journey to increase our faith. The development of faith has to be one of our top priorities. So Jonathan's attitude in our reading today becomes a great encouragement for us. Here is the story. Jonathan and his armor-bearer cross over into enemy territory. They sneak up on an outpost of 20 Philistines. So the odds are 20 vs. 2. But Jonathan says, "If they invite us into a battle, we will take that as a sign from God, he is going to give us the victory." That is a great illustration of radical faith.

Here are a few ways I can see this working today:

"Lord, if I go into Donut Delight and I see a person sitting alone, I will take that as a sign you want me to sit down and begin a conversation with them."

"Lord, if I am working in the garden today and the guys come up and shoot basketball, I will take that as a sign that you want me to play the game with them and inquire about their lives."

"Lord, if I am at coffee hour on Sunday and I see someone standing alone, I will take it as a sign you want me to go start a conversation."

This type of radical faith opens a lot more doors than our old way of safe and comfortable faith development. So how do you think God is calling you to step out in radical faith today?  


--
"Multiplying leaders to change the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment