Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Psalm 118:28-29

You are my God, and I will give you thanks;
You are my God, and I will exalt you.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
His love endures forever.

Yes. The Lord is my God. How grateful I am that he opened my eyes and my heart so that I can see him and know him and am welcomed into his throne room where I can worship at his feet. His Word tells me that I can KNOW that I have eternal life. I don't have to spend time wondering or worrying or trying to be good. His promise is real and true and he is faithful.

I was having lunch with some friends during the week and the conversation turned to world conditions and the awful things that have been happening recently. I commented that we live in a fallen world are seeing things we never thought we would see. One of the ladies kind of blurted out that she doesn't believe in evil and she doesn't believe in God and she didn't want anyone to try to change her mind. Our lunchtime was just about over so the conversation pretty much ended there. But I can't describe the feeling that came over me. I was stunned. Surprised. Saddened. But most of all relieved and grateful that I AM a believer. I've had lunch with these people most days for several years and we have talked about God before but this is the first time my friend said this. I just felt so sad for her. To close the door in God's face. To turn away from the most true and pure love of our Father. So sad.

This conversation came on the heels of me losing a dear friend last weekend. She was my age and died very suddenly, leaving 4 adult children who will miss her like crazy. Nothing is guaranteed in this life except for the love of God if we will only accept it. I will of course be praying for my unbelieving friend and asking the Holy Spirit for opportunities to speak to her about Jesus.

Dear Lord, I ask that you open the eyes of those who are blinded by the enemy. Let them see the beauty of your creation and know that it didn't happen by chance. Show them that they cannot ever be 'good enough' on their own to get into Heaven but only through accepting the death of your Son on the cross. Lord, fill them with the knowledge of you and the excitement of being known as your child. These things I ask in the precious name of your Son, Jesus. Amen.



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment