Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 10 (on behalf of Scott Taylor)

From Louise Jaworoski on behalf of Scott Taylor


February 10, 2013

Exodus 30:11-31:18
Matthew 26:47-68
Psalm 32:1-11
Proverbs 8:27-32

This is my 2nd year of reading through the Bible.  Before I begin each daily reading, I pray and ask God for wisdom and understanding.  That He will bind the enemy from my thoughts as I read.  That He will prepare my mind and heart to receive His Word.  That my faith will be strengthened and my love for Him deepened and I always thank Him for the privilege and freedom to be able to open my Bible whenever and wherever I choose  

As I've read through the Old Testament I have been struck by God's attention to detail when He gave instructions to His people.  He didn't just say 'build a tabernacle.'  He gave precise directions down to the color of the threads to be used in the curtains. The recipe for making the sacred anointing oil was given with exact measurements so there was no question on what God wanted.  All through the early books of the Bible I've read how God was involved in all the details of the lives of His people. Instructing, protecting, disciplining, guiding, correcting.  Since God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow then I have to believe that He is still watching over us in the same way. 

When life drags me down and I get discouraged and fear tries to overwhelm me then I am reminded that my God is a God of details. He has it all worked out down to the last stitch. I have to stand on His promise to never leave me or forsake me and I know that He really does care about every bit of who I am.  If i put my faith and trust in Him then I am secure. 

Father, I thank you and praise you for choosing me and for loving me.  And for overseeing every detail of my life. In Jesus name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment